Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions of the www.landofrugs.com web site. By placing an order on this website, you are accepting these terms and conditions and you agree to be bound by them.
1.Our Terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions at any time and without further notice. Please check that you have read and understood our current terms & conditions. Commissioned 02.02.2011, last updated 12.12.2019.
- These terms and conditions relate only to www.landofrugs.com
- To shop with us, you need to be at least 16 Years old and have full authorisation to use the relevant payment methods chosen to purchase your order.
2.Placing an order
- You may place an order with us either by adding goods to your shopping basket and completing the checkout procedure or by placing an order with us over the telephone. In both cases you will have the opportunity to check that the details of your order are correct.
- Please double check that you have provided all of the correct details, if any information is incorrect, we cannot guarantee that you will either receive your notification if you email address is incorrect OR that we can deliver your rug within the prescribed time frames if your address is wrong OR that you will receive delivery information if your contact information is correct.
- By placing an order with Land of Rugs Online Ltd, you agree to our Terms and Conditions, these important for both the customer and to us.
- After an order has been placed, you agree to receive Marketing Emails, Newsletters and exclusive offers – Welcome to the club! We wont spam you like some companies do with hundreds of emails! You always have the option to unsubscribe from our emailing lists and are not tied into anything by continuing without unsubscribing.
- All orders are subject to availability. From time to time technology can fall down – we do our upmost and work very closely with our suppliers to ensure all stock quantities shown on our site is accurate. If there are any problems with your order, we will notify you as soon as we become aware.
- Please note that if you have not selected the correct address upon ordering from our website or have purposely manipulated your address details to avoid any delivery charges, we reserve the right to cancel your order at any time. We will usually stipulate what additional charges need to be made to us in full payment prior to shipping your order. As per this clause, if you have not responded to our communication attempts within 10 working days, we reserve the right to cancel your order.
3.Confirmation of order
- You will receive an order acknowledgement by email and/or by post. When you receive this, please check once again that your order details are correct. Please contact us immediately if there are any discrepancies.
- We will advise you by email or telephone if there are any difficulties processing your order, for example, where:
- The goods are incorrectly described or priced, or
- The goods are no longer available, or
- we are experiencing problems processing your payment.
- We may process payment for your order immediately or at any time prior to dispatch, at our discretion.
- If we believe your order to be fraudulent, we reserve the right to cancel your order and refund ONLY to the payment used.
- PayPal can sometimes place your payment under review, this can stay in the status for a number of days whilst they conduct their investigations where caution is required. This is outside of our parameters and would advise you to contact PayPal if you have any concerns. Please note, this can simply be down to the name of the rug or as in depth as suspected fraud.
- We like to spoil our customers by offer exclusive deals and discounts. We may offer special codes to you which will be clearly stated to you on our website OR an external site via one of our partners.
- You may only use ONE discount code per purchase. The terms of the discount and its timeframe for how long it is available to you will be stipulated on the website.
- We reserve the right to refuse a discount whereby an error may have occurred, this includes cancelling an order.
6.Prices and VAT
- All prices include VAT at the current rate of 20% where applicable.
- Prices may be changed at any time and all orders are processed at the current rate of VAT as displayed on www.landofrugs.com at the time the order is placed.
- We offer FREE DELIVERY to UK mainland addresses only; with the exception of some regions. Please visit our delivery page for further information. This is inline with the additional charges that the courier applies. Please note that you are paying for the ADDITIONAL costs incurred to us.
- For current delivery charges to offshore locations please visit our delivery page.
- Delivery costs to international locations are calculated at the checkout. You are also able to email us for quotes prior to placing an order for international shipments.
- As soon as your order is ready for dispatch our courier will contact you with tracking details for your order.
- We request all shipments to be 'signed for' however, courier services have changed slightly since the outbreak of Covid 19. Whereby an item has been delivered and gps tracking AND/OR an image with the item at your premisis / residence is provided by the courier, we accept no liability to any items whereby a a claim is made of non receipt. We may raise the queries directly via the courier company. You can also take this up directly with the courier company via the relevant courier companies website / contact details.
- If you request your order is to be left in a secure location / safe place, this must be done so in writing to [email protected] PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE WILL NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGED OR MISSING ORDERS THAT HAVE BEEN LEFT IN A SECURE LOCATION AT YOUR REQUEST.
- We will deliver to an alternative delivery address if specified by you. However, this may slightly delay your order whilst we undertake additional security measures for the prevention of fraud. We do apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause but these procedures are necessary to protect the privacy and security of our customers and products.
- We reserve the right to refuse orders we suspect to be fraudulent or suspicious in any respect.
- When your rug is dispatched our courier will send you a text message allowing you to track your delivery status (please ensure you leave a mobile number when placing your order online to facilitate this). Once your order is with our couriers, we are reliant on our couriers fulfilling the delivery and therefore cannot be held responsible for any error on their part. On the rare occasion that a delivery date is missed, or a delivery error is made by our courier’s service, please contact the courier directly with your consignment number to resolve any difficulties.
- Please note that failed attempts by couriers to deliver goods to you on pre-arranged dates, due to your absence, may result in the return of goods to Land of Rugs. In this circumstance you are liable to incur the cost of any such returns to Land of Rugs.
- Please note that where gps tracking AND/OR an image with the rug at your premisis / residence is provided by the courier, we accept no liability to any items whereby a a claim is made of non receipt. We may raise the queries directly via the courier company. You can also take this up directly with the courier company via the relevant courier companies website / contact details.
- Please note that during busy periods or exceptional circumstances (for example lockdowns, courier shortages, extreme weather conditions etc) delays may occur.
- Whereby your delivery address is offshore OR remote, some courier companies do not stipulate to sign for when you are not present at the address but will attempt to deliver to a neighbor. Where possible, please provide instructions of your selected neighbor (they must be a direct neighbor).
As per clause 6.12, if the courier is found to be at fault with evidence provided of this by; a). you, b). the courier or c). our suppliers, then we will be able to send a replacement to you.
1.You may cancel an order, at any time prior to it being dispatched, for a full refund. Orders cancelled after they have been dispatched will be charged a courier return fee, please contact us for details of this.
9.Goods Damaged in Transit
1. Our rugs are dispatched in protective packaging and delivered by professional national carriers. Upon the delivery of your rug, it is your responsibility to examine the packaging before signing receipt of your order. In the unlikely event that the packaging has been damaged you should NOT sign for the order. You should request the courier to return the goods to us and we will then arrange for a replacement. You should also inform any person accepting the delivery on your behalf of this requirement. Damage to a rug following your acceptance of the order is not covered.
10.Items Received in Error
- If you have received an item in error, you have a duty of care to notify us of this mistake. You are to do this either via telephone (01332 294787) or via email ([email protected]).
- You have a duty of care to ensure that the item is not damaged, lost or stolen whilst in your possession. If the item is damaged, lost or stolen whilst in your possession, a charge may
- If the item was received damaged, it is your responsibility to notify us at the time of making us aware of the unsolicited goods being received. You are also required to send clear images of this damage to [email protected]
- If you decide that you would like to keep the item received in error, please notify us in writing to [email protected] We will raise an itemised invoice, the total to be paid will be no more than the total price advertised on our website. You are within your rights to accept or decline this total. If you accept the invoice, payment is to be made and cleared within 10 working days. If payment is not received, we reserve the right to decline your request to purchase the item. If this payment schedule has not been met, we will schedule the collection of the item at your convenience on any weekday (Monday to Friday between 09:00AM and 18:00PM). If you decline this total, we will arrange the collection of the item on any weekday (Monday to Friday between 09:00AM and 18:00PM) at your convenience.
- Once notified of the unsolicited item, we will arrange the collection at our expense on any weekday (Monday to Friday between 09:00am to 18:00PM)
- Please check goods carefully as soon as you receive them. If they are faulty, or not what you ordered, please contact us within 48 hours of receipt. Where customers believe rugs to be faulty, they should contact Land of Rugs notifying of the fault including sending clear images of the area in defect (or) highlighting the area of attention for investigations to take place, please do not use the rug after notifying us as any use may cause further damage which will prevent us from taking any additional steps to resolve your query. We may then request several images of the fault for our initial assessment prior to processing any refunds or returns.
- If your fault has been logged within 30 days of purchase, we may then arrange for the return of goods for inspection at our warehouse. Where the collection of goods is to be arranged by Land of Rug, we must receive a full image of the rug re-packaged to provide proof that it is adequate for transit to prevent any damage prior to a collection being scheduled. If the returned goods for inspection at our warehouse is deemed by Land of Rugs not to be faulty but due to maintenance issues, we will not offer replacement of said goods, and we will deduct those costs incurred by us in having collected the goods, from the full refund. Within the 30-day timeframe, we will arrange a collection of your order for inspection if agreed following processing your concerns raised, you must retain the original packaging and ensure your order is sealed and adequately packaged for the return journey. You should ensure that someone is available to receive the courier as we will only pay for one pick-up attempt (weekday, not a timed collection). On confirmation of incorrect or faulty items, we will offer you a replacement, a mutually agreeable alternative or a full refund.
- If you have notified us over 30 days from receiving the goods, we will ask that as per Clause 10.1 that you send us images of the area in question and the whole rug for us to investigate. It will be your sole responsibility to raise any postage or courier services for inspections to take place. If the rug is found to be faulty by our inspection team, we will either repair or replace your item. We will refund the cost of the postage of the item paid to get this to us. If your item is found not to be faulty, we will package the item and it will be your responsibility to collect the item from us.
- If your goods are over 28 days old (from point of receiving) you must return the Goods to Us (at your own risk and cost by recorded delivery or courier) to Land of Rugs, Unit C, Abbey Court, Darley Abbey Mills, Darley Abbey, Derby, DE22 1DZ. Please note that we accept no liability for goods that have gone missing during transit or have been damaged during transit. We reserve the right to reject any goods returned to us that are inadequately packaged or damaged. Our office and Warehouse is open Monday to Friday between 8am and 15:30pm, please ensure that you bear this in mind when returning items to us. We cannot accept liability for items that have been left with a neighbour or ‘in a safe place’.
- We will not give you a refund or replacement if the defect or non-conformity is due to usual wear and tear, deliberate or accidental damage caused by you, or your misuse of the goods.
- We reserve the right to send any items logged as faulty to the supplier for further inspection. We aim to have all outcomes fully concluded within 14 days of receiving the item.
- Please note that slight variations of colour are not accepted by us to constitute faulty goods and we do not accept responsibility for the cost of returning rugs where the colour is not as portrayed on your computer screen.
- Slight pile shedding is inevitable in rugs, more so if made from wool or acrylic. Consequently, these products are not considered to be faulty because they shed their pile.
- Sizes displayed on the website can vary and are only an approximation, please contact us if you have any queries regarding sizes, as slight variations between those displayed on the site and individual rug sizes are not regarded as constituting a fault.
- Handmade rugs can contain variations in colour due to natural dying processes. Each piece is unique in construction and may exhibit variations and inconsistencies in design and weave tension, which do not affect the quality of the rug. These features reflect the uniqueness and individuality of handmade items and are not considered to be an indication of manufacturing faults.
- Land of Rugs Online Ltd are not liable for any damage which is caused by the customer (this also constitutes but is not limited to incorrect maintenance, cleaning and general wear and tear). Customers must always follow the care instructions on the label, if the care instructions are not available to you, please call or email us to confirm the correct maintenance and or cleaning methods to be used. If you do not contact us and clean the rug in your own way or following any advice that has not been provided by us, this may affect your rights for refund, repair or replacements. Where damage is caused by the customer or in transit via a courier arranged by the customer, Land of Rugs Online Ltd reserves the right to refuse acceptance upon delivery or/and a refusal of refund.
- A case may be closed for any queries or requests made by Land of Rugs Online Limited in response to the customers query, problems, or complaints whereby the customer has not responded to us within 10 working days.
- If you have notified us of a fault which is later assumed by Land of Rugs Online Ltd to be damage caused by the customer, Land of Rugs Online Ltd reserves the right to charge the customer for the total cost of the rug and costs incurred OR upon Land of Rugs Online Ltd.’s discretion, a reduced fee to cover any loss occurred.
- We will refund you for the cost of delivery to us (unless you have returned them to the Land of Rugs returns address) whereby we agree that the goods are defective and a refund, replacement or repair is due as per the terms and conditions outlaid in the clause 10. Faults.
- If you are dissatisfied with your purchase(s) and wish to return them, you should inform us within 14 days of receiving your goods and return them within 14 days after notifying us of your intention to return them to us. Goods should be returned in the original packaging, unused, undamaged and in the perfect condition in which they were dispatched to you; failure to adhere to these requirements may affect the value of any refund due. Packaging must be resealed with sufficient tape to ensure that it is both watertight and adequately protected on its return journey; failure to do so may lead to us refusing to accept poorly packaged goods.
- For goods refused upon delivery for any other reason but faulty items being delivered (with pictured evidence), Land of Rugs Online Ltd reserves the right to charge the relevant shipment costs for the returned item which is to be implemented in the total refunded back to the account used to purchase the item.
- Please enclose a note, with any goods returned to us, detailing your order number and your reason for returning the goods. This will facilitate the refund process and it will not affect your statutory rights as a customer. It is your responsibility to return the goods to us and we are not responsible for any costs you may incur.
- Custom sized and special-order items cannot be refunded and are excluded from our returns policy.
- We cannot accept responsibility for goods lost or damaged in transit whilst being returned to us. We cannot refund for any goods that have not been returned to us. If you require advice regarding returns, please either complete our contact us form or call us on 01332 294787 and we will guide you through this process.
- Returned goods will be inspected. If they have been returned in the same condition that they were dispatched, we will refund your order in full less any additional shipping fees charged upon purchase. If the rug is returned damaged, we reserve the right to charge for repair or refuse a refund. If the charge for repair is rejected by the consumer OR a refund is refused due to unrepairable damage it is the customers sole responsibility to arrange the collection from Land of Rugs Online Ltd, Land of Rugs Online Ltd holds no responsibility for any charges incurred or damaged occurred during the courier service raise by the customer upon the scheduled collection of the rug. It is the customers sole responsibility to add relevant cover where necessary upon scheduling collections and returns from your chosen courier service.
- If you feel that there is a defect or a fault, please refer to clause 10. Faults.
- Your refund will be made to the debit/credit card or PayPal account used to place the original order. Alternatively, you may use this as credit towards another purchase if you wish. You will be advised by email when the credit for your returned order has been processed. This is normally within 7 days of our receipt of returned goods.
- Note all refunds will be for the full total of the item purchased. We are unable to refund delivery charges unless agreed by Land of Rugs Online Ltd for unforeseen circumstances, for example, the courier did not deliver on a saturday whereby a saturday delivery request has been paid for.
- Returns should be addressed to:
Land of Rugs
Unit C Abbey Court
Darley Abbey Mills
- We try to be perfect but understand that complaints may need to be raised from time to time. All complaints should be made in writing to [email protected] You are required to stipulate both that you are raising your complaint and what your complaint entails.
- If you complaint cannot be handled by our Customer Support team, we may escalate this to our Complaints Manager.
- We will aim to have an acknowledgement of your complaint sent to you withing 2 working days and final response to you within 10 Working days.
- If your complaint involves a complex and in-depth investigation which will take longer than 10 working days, we will let you know of an additional timeframe to resolve your complaint.
- Following a final outcome, if we have not received a response from you within 14 days, we reserve the right to close the complaint.
- If you are not happy with the final outcome, we will advise any next steps for you to take to escalate this further.
14.Giveaways and Competitions
- The promoter is: Land Of Rugs Online Ltd whose registered office is at Compton Offices, King Edward Street, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 1BW.
- Our competitions/giveaways are open to residents of Great Britain, aged 18 years or over except employees of Land Of Rugs Online Ltd and their close relatives and anyone administering of the competition/giveaway.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter our competitions/giveaways, unless stated otherwise.
- Route to entry for our competitions/giveaways and details of how to enter are via Land Of Rugs Online Ltd social profiles and sometimes via our website.
- Closing date for entry is stated on the social media post. After this date, no further entries to the competition/giveaway will be counted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Land Of Rugs Online Ltd reserves the right to cancel or amend any competition/giveaway and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond Land Of Rugs Online Ltd’s reasonable control, and reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice. Any changes to our competition/giveaway will be notified via the social platform as soon as possible.
- Land Of Rugs Online Ltd is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied by any third party connected with our competitions/giveaways.
- Winners of our competitions/giveaways are chosen at random from all entries received and verified.
- Unless explicitly stated, the entry actions in our social giveaways including, likes, comments, shares and follows will all count as an entry into the competition/giveaway and used to calculate a winner at random.
- The winner of any competition/giveaway will be notified within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner can not be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Land Of Rugs Online Ltd’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition/giveaway will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry into any competition/giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Competitions/giveaways and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will only be disclosed with a third party to ensure the delivery of the prize. By sharing their address, the winners agree to these terms.